Exploring yourself through reading and writing
|開課時間||星期三 13:20-15:10 (2021/03/24-2021/04/28) , Total hours: 12hrs|
報名時間：2021/02/24 08:00 至 2021/03/17 10:00 止
人限: 12人※報名及出席率規定（請務必詳閱）點我報名 報名狀況
This workshop aims to cultivate students’ independent and analytical thinking ability, help students have a better understanding of themselves and enhance their soft values. Students will read inspirational stories selected mainly from Chicken Soup series. After that, they will do group discussion, presentation or writing. They will be asked to preview reading materials, and write on 2 to 3 topics throughout the course. It is hoped that students will be inspired, and improve their speaking and writing abilities through discussion and writing practice.
The course will be mostly conducted in English.
In this workshop, students will study four speeches.
1. Meaning of Life (TED talk)
2. Secrets About Life Every (Wo)man Should Know (Barbara de Angelis)
3. Losing the“Us”(CS* for the Teenage Soul)
4. Missing Pa (CS* for the mother's soul 2)
5. Do not stand at my grave and weep (Mary E.Frye)
(*CS Chicken Soup)
1. Writing a summary
2. What is the meaning of life to you?
3. Which secret do you find most helpful to you? Why?
4. If you have had a break up before, how have you survived?
5. Have you ever lost a loved one? How have you survived the grief?
Rites of passage (CS* for the mother's soul 2)
1. If you could meet someone you admire most in person, what question(s) would you ask him/her?
2. Planning your next birthday
1. The Golden Buddha (CS* for the soul)
2. Nothing but the Truth (same)
3. Covering all the Bases (same) 課堂活動
Making the best use of your strengths
1. Cool Dude Earring (CS* for the mother's soul 2)
2. A Real home (same)
Practice adding adjectives/adverbs to your writing
Tommy's Bumper Sticker (CS* for the soul)
1. Practice writing in time sequence
2. I have a dream
2. Secrets About Life Every Woman Should Know, Barbara de Angelis
3. Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul
4. Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul 2
5. Do not stand at my grave and weep, Mary E.Frye