|•||托福網路測驗(TOEFL iBT) 92分(含)以上|
Apply for English Course Exemption
Students who have passed the requirements of the following English proficiency exams during high school or college time can apply for waiving all English courses, but have NOT obtained credits. Students must take other courses (all other courses offered by any department are allowed except for English courses that have been waived) before graduation to make up for graduation requirements for total credits.
1. Who can apply?
Students enrolled from academic year 2018/2019 (excluding FLL and KENI students)
2. When is the application deadline?
Students can apply for English course exemption anytime before graduation.
3. How to apply?
(1) Fill in the application form in the Academic Information System and print out the form.
(2) Bring your Student ID, application form, the original transcript of your English proficiency test and a copy of it to Center for Language Education (@General Building II, R206) during office hours.
4. When to apply?
Workdays from 9am to 12pm & 1pm to 5pm (office hours)
5. What are the requirements for English proficiency tests?
- General English Proficiency Test (GEPT) High-Intermediate Level, PASSED
- TOEFL iBT total score of 92 or above
- IELTS average band 6.5 or above
- Cambridge English Exams: reach C1 Advance (Cambridge English: Advanced / CAE) or above
- TOEIC total score of 860 or above + TOEIC SW (Speaking and Writing) each have a score of 180 (or above)
- International students or those who graduated from high schools in which all courses were fully taught in English should bring their original high school transcripts (with average rank B+ or above in English subjects) or other relevant English proficiency certificates to apply for English course exemption.
1. Freshmen who have met the exemption requirements before enrollment wouldn't have to rush to school for application. You could first skip the English courses during the course selection stage and apply for exemption later after admission.
2. Credits obtained from English courses before applying for exemption can be count as graduation credits.
※ Students having waived these courses will have to take the appropriate next step.
- Have not taken any Freshman / AdvancedEnglish courses：
Must take another credits to fulfill the general credits required.
- Currently taking Freshman / Advanced EnglishCourses：
Can continue taking or drop the course. Please do follow the academic calendar should you decide to drop the course.
- Have completed some Freshman / Advanced English courses：
Credits earned will be counted as the general credits required.